FEB 12 | INTERNATIONAL VIRTUAL ENCOUNTER "SOUND ART ECONOMY/IES"
February 11, 2021
The encounter "Sound Art Economy/ies", between various specialists, will focus on the economic criteria that affect Sound Art: the market, the prices, and the commercial dissemination channels, as well as the way in which artists may or may not be able to survive, hence the plural "economies".
On February 12th, betweem 6.00 and 8.00 pm (CEST), this international encounter will take place, in the framework of the exhibition S.M.E. (Sounds of Metastable Equilibriums). This event will be broadcast live on our YouTube channel, and will be open to participation by chat.
· Marta Pérez Ibáñez. Researcher and teacher on the Art Market. IAC president (Madrid, ES)
· Emiliano López Rascón. Sound artist (CdMx, MX)
· Jorge Gómez and Amarilys Quintero. Director and coordinator of Ars Sonorus (Bogotá, CO)
· Ferrán Cuadras. Arsonal director (Barcelona, ES)
· Gonzalo Biffarella. Composer and sound artist (Córdoba, AR)
· José Iges. Curator and sound artist (Madrid, ES)