Lives and works in Mexico City.
In 2014 he made his first feature-length film, Me quedo contigo, which was screened at more than 40 film festivals in Spain and abroad, and for which he received the best national feature film prize at the Mexican New Film Festival in Durango in 2015.
In 2020 he directs his second feature-length film, ColOZio, recently premiered at the 49th International Film Festival Rotterdam (IFFR).
In 2019 he presents his first solo exhibition in Madrid (Spain), Kintsugi, at Freijo Gallery in the LZ46 program.
Artemio has had numerous solo exhibitions at museums, independent art venues and art galleries in various countries including: MUCA-Campus, Mexico City, 2017; Y Gallery, New York, 2012; Arts Center, Monterrey, 2012; LAXART, Los Angeles, 2010; The Queen Nails Annex, San Francisco, 2010; Galería de La Raza, San Francisco, 2010; Sala de Arte Público Siqueiros, Mexico City, 2010 and 2008; Galería Revólver, Lima, 2009; La Central, Bogota, 2009; The Hayward Gallery, London, 2008; Museo de Arte Carrillo Gil (2001) and La Panadería (1997) in Mexico City.
He has taken part in group exhibitions and biennials:
- México Inside Out: Themes in Art Since 1990, The Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth, Texas, USA, 2013
- Was that cannon fire, or is it my heart pounding?, Enjoy Public Art Gallery. Wellington, New Zealand, 2012
- Pobre artista rico, Casa del Lago. Mexico City, 2012;
- Tiempos Violentos, Museo Carrillo Gil, Mexico City, 2012
- Proyecto Juárez, Matadero. Madrid, Spain, 2012
- Antes de la resaca… MUAC, UNAM, Mexico City, 2012
- Epílogo, Museo de Arte de Zapopan. Zapopan, México, 2010
- II Moscow International Biennale for Young Art Qui Vive?, Winzavod Contemporary Art Center. Moscú, Russia, 2010
- Billboard Project, Portugal Arte 10, Lisbon, 2010
- Creative Tension, National Center for Contemporary Art, Ekaterinburg, Russia, 2010
- 10. Bienal de La Habana, La Cabaña, La Habana, Cuba, 2009
- Existencias, MUSAC, León, Spain, 2007
- T1 Torino triennale trimusei. The Pantagruel Síndrome Torino, Italy, 2006
- Erógena, Stedeijk Museum Voor Actuele Kunst, Gante, Belgium, 2000